Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stairway to Heaven


So why a post on one particular tune?

Well, ever since I've built my tab search engine, this one tune has been targetted for search more than any other -- by like a ratio of 3 to 1. There are lots of folks getting the "Led" out!

You'll find a lot of versions posted on the Internet -- although many are just modifications of a few main versions. Most all of it is guitar tablature and many concentrate on just the guitar intro at the beginning. Guitar tab is usually okay, because most folks looking are guitar players. There are ways to convert guitar tab into standard sheet music notation, though -- I'll post some of my favorites a little later.

For now, I'd like to point out one of my favorite "Stairway to Heaven" tabs. This particular Stairway to Heavent version covers the whole Led Zeppelin song -- intro, lyrics, solo, and outtro. It takes a long time to load on my browser -- don't know if that's a slow server ... or if there are just lots of people trying to access this tune (a strong possibility!)

No comments:

Post a Comment